Skip to content
- Forty percent plan to spend more on their holiday shopping this year, up from 25 percent in 2014.
- Online is the preferred shopping option as compared to in-store though one in 10 think they will use a particular channel depending on what they are purchasing.
- Sixty-five percent prefer to purchase products from the website of a brick-and-mortar retailer (versus other online stores), due to convenience, trust and security.
- Half of consumers are likely to shop on Thanksgiving, while 28 percent believe Thanksgiving should be spent with family.
- Fifty-one percent are willing to share personal information with retailers in order to receive personalized offers from retailers, up from 33 percent in 2014.
- Webrooming and showrooming will be prevalent among U.S. shoppers, with 69 percent and 65 percent likely to participate in each respectively.
- Sixty-one percent of shoppers are influenced by social media when making purchasing decisions.