Obama Admin Covering Up Key Iran Deal Details in Final Days


Secretary of State John Kerry talks with Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif in Vienna

Senior Obama administration officials in their final days in office are seeking to cover up key details of the Iran nuclear deal from Congress, according to documents and sources who spoke to the Washington Free Beacon about continued efforts by the White House to block formal investigations into secret diplomacy with Tehran that resulted in a $1.7 billion cash payment by the United States.

As leading members of Congress petition the Obama administration for answers about what many describe as a $1.7 billion “ransom” payment to Iran, Obama administration officials are doubling down on their refusal to answer questions about the secret negotiations with Iran that led to this payment.

Sen. Marco Rubio (R., Fla.), a vocal opponent of last year’s nuclear deal with Iran, has been seeking answers from senior Obama administration officials since at least late September. However, officials continue to stonewall the senator’s inquiries, according to senior congressional sources and formal communications between Rubio and the State Department obtained by the Free Beacon.

Rubio and several other lawmakers have petitioned the Obama administration for documents and information about the secret negotiations that resulted in Tehran receiving $1.7 billion in cash and a promise from the United States to further roll back sanctions on an Iranian financial institution that helped finance the country’s illicit ballistic missile program.

A spokesman for Rubio told the Free Beacon that the administration’s continued obfuscation has motivated the senator to take steps to help President-elect Donald Trump kill the nuclear agreement once he enters office next year.

“Senator Rubio looks forward to working with President-elect Trump and his team to scrap this fundamentally flawed deal and hold Iran accountable for its cheating and regional aggression,” the spokesman said.

Rubio submitted a list of questions about the deal to Deputy Secretary of State Antony Blinken on Sept. 29 during a hearing aimed at examining these payments to Iran.

Blinken finally provided answers to these questions last week, but declined to address all specific questions Rubio posed about the secret negotiations over the $1.7 billion payment.

While the Obama administration has maintained for months that the payment was not part of a ransom package, the Free Beacon and other publications have disclosed in recent weeks that the United States did engage in secret diplomacy with Iran on a range of issues, including the release of American hostages and the $1.7 billion payment.

These issues were addressed in three separate agreements that were only finalized once the United States agreed to provide Tehran with the $1.7 billion payment. Secret documents stored on Capitol Hill and treated in a classified manner show that each of the agreements hinged on the cash payment, the Free Beacon first disclosed in October.

Rubio and other lawmakers have also sought answers from Attorney General Loretta Lynch, who would have played a role in signing off on the agreements. Lynch has declined to answer questions, prompting Rubio and Rep. Mike Pompeo (R., Kan.), the incoming CIA director, to accuse her of “pleading the fifth” before Congress.

The White House has not responded to similar questions submitted by Rubio on Sept. 10, and Treasury Secretary Jack Lew has not answered a series of queries posed on Oct. 25, according to sources who accused the administration of intentionally dodging congressional oversight.

Rubio asked Blinken to provide information on any U.S. official who signed off on the secret deals, and to specify if the agreements were part of the formal nuclear agreement or were inked separately. He also asked whether the deals were tied to the release of U.S. hostages.

Rubio hopes to obtain the name of the Iranian official or officials who signed these documents. Sources familiar with the deals and secret documents stored on Capitol Hill told the Free Beacon it is likely the United States inked these deals with a representative of Iran’s intelligence apparatus.

Blinken did not provide firm answers to any of these questions, according to a copy of his formal communication to Rubio viewed by the Free Beacon. He maintained that the cash payment was part of a decades-old legal dispute with Tehran before the international claims tribunal at the Hague.

“The timing of the Hague settlement was a consequence of the United States taking advantage of the opening of diplomatic opportunities with Iran on several fronts simultaneously, including the opportunity to minimize litigation risk with respect to Iran’s contract claims arising under the U.S.-Iran Foreign Military Sales (‘FMS’) Program,” Blinken wrote, repeating a talking point issued by several Obama administration officials.

The payment was not a ransom, Blinken said.

“Regarding the allegations that this settlement constituted ransom to free American citizens who were released from prison in Iran on January 17, the Administration has repeatedly made it clear since January, and President Obama recently reiterated, that this settlement did not constitute ransom and that the United States has not and will not pay ransom,” he wrote. “Upon Iran’s release of several unjustly detained Americans, the United States provided relief to certain Iranian citizens charged with primarily sanctions-related crimes, several of whom are dual U.S.-Iranian nationals, as a one-time reciprocal humanitarian gesture.”

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/obama-admin-covering-key-iran-deal-details-final-days/

BLACK LIVES MATTER IS RUN BY THE UN


The United Nations has invited a Black Lives Matter activist to participate in a high-level debate in New York on human rights, with a particular focus on “combatting discrimination and inequalities.

 

VIDEO: ‘BLACK LIVES MATTER’ PROTEST LEADER CALLS FOR SHOOTING, RUNNING OVER COPS


Video shot at a ‘Black Lives Matter’ protest in Portland shows one protest leader imploring others to take violent action by shooting cops or running them over.

The footage shows demonstrators holding signs that read “Alton Sterling” and “Philando Castile” while speakers take turns to rally the crowd.

“If they go about their burden of whatever they said you’re doing, you pull your pistol out and you f**king bust that,” says the BLM protester, described in the video as a “passionate speaker”.

http://www.infowars.com/video-black-lives-matter-protest-leader-calls-for-shooting-running-over-cops/

Should we scrap benefits and pay everyone £100 a week?


5120

Imagine a Britain where the government pays every adult the basic cost of living. Whether rich or poor – or, crucially, whether you’re in paid employment or not – everyone gets the same weekly amount, with no strings attached. The harsh, punitive model of modern “welfare” is a distant memory; passing in and out of employment in the so-called gig economy is now something everyone can afford. The positive consequences extend into the distance: women are newly financially independent and able to exit abusive relationships, public health is noticeably improved, and people are able to devote the time to caring that an ever-ageing society increasingly demands. All the political parties are signed up: just as the welfare state underpinned the 20th century, so this new idea defines the 21st.

Welcome to the world of a unconditional basic income, or UBI, otherwise known as citizens’ income or social wage. It might look like the stuff of insane utopianism, but the idea is now spreading at speed, from the fringes of the left into mainstream politics – and being tried out around the world. The UK Green party has supported the notion for decades: staunch backing for a version of UBI was one of its key themes at the last election. At its spring conference last month, the Scottish National party passed a motion supporting the idea that “a basic or universal income can potentially provide a foundation to eradicate poverty, make work pay and ensure all our citizens can live in dignity”. A handful of Labour MPs have started to come round to the idea – and serious work is being done among think tanks and pressure groups, looking at how it might work in the here and now.

Meanwhile, there have been UBI-type policies and experiment

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/apr/13/should-we-scrap-benefits-and-pay-everyone-100-a-week-whether-they-work-or-not?CMP=twt_gu

Black Lives Matter Activists Disrupt Light Rail Ahead Of Twins Opener


black-lives-matter-protests-during-home-opener-at-target-field.jpg

A group of mostly white supporters of the Black Lives Matter movement protested outside the Twins home opener Monday.

They blocked the light rail line keeping trains from Target Field Station.

Police arrested 25 people.

Reg Chapman spoke with some of them as they left jail.

They told him they want to use Monday’s demonstration to recruit more white people to the Black Lives Matter movement.

More than 100 Catholic workers and clergy stood hand in hand blocking two intersections by Target Field and shutting down the light rail.

“As white people we have the dominant voice in this system. We created this system. We enforce this system, and so when we don’t stand up to the system it allows these things to happen,” said activist Anna.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/04/11/black-lives-matter-twins-opener/?cid=facebook_WCCO-TV_%7C_CBS_Minnesota

 

BLACK LIVES MATTER ACTIVISTS DISRUPT LIGHT RAIL AHEAD OF TWINS OPENER


black-lives-matter-block-train21

They blocked the light rail line keeping trains from Target Field Station.

Police arrested 25 people.

Reg Chapman spoke with some of them as they left jail.

They told him they want to use Monday’s demonstration to recruit more white people to the Black Lives Matter movement.

http://www.infowars.com/black-lives-matter-activists-disrupt-light-rail-ahead-of-twins-opener/

TSA DEPLOYS VIPER TEAMS FOR FEAR INDUCED MIND CONTROL


Rather than protect our freedoms, the TSA is incrementally expanding outside of the airport into all forms of mass transit as an answer to the Brussels attacks.

http://www.infowars.com/tsa-deploys-viper-teams-for-fear-induced-mind-control/

 

Poland Says ‘No’ to Migrants Following Brussels


sydlo

There just might be some hope for Europe after all. Officials in Poland are rejecting migrants following the Brussels attack, condemning the call for open borders as a suicidal philosophy.

In a statement by Poland’s prime minister Beata Szydlo Wednesday, Poland rejected calls by the EU to relocate migrants flooding into Europe from the Middle East, saying the attack on Brussels proves that to be a foolish action.  

“Twenty-eight EU countries agreed to solve the issue through relocation. But I will say it very clearly. I do not see it possible to allow migrants in Poland at the moment,” Szydlo told the Superstacja TV broadcaster on Wednesday.

Szydlo accused German chancellor Angela Merkel of having “invited migrants to Europe.”

“This carefree attitude led to the problems that we have today,” she said. “We cannot agree that thousands of migrants, who come to improve their lives, flow to Europe. There are also terrorists among them.”

In a meeting with NGO leaders at her Warsaw office Wednesday, Szydlo also claimed the EU had no control on the refugee crisis.

“Europe is incapable of dealing with this enormous crisis,” she said. 

According to the EU Observer, Poland does not plan to take any formal steps against the EU resolution, but will instead withdraw while hoping the plan collapses on itself.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/poland-says-no-migrants-following-brussels

SOROS-OBAMA-MERKEL-ERDOGAN WIN CONTROL OF EUROPE


pipeline-2

Here, in my rush translations from the original German-language reports at German Economic News (Deutsche Wirtschafts Nachrichten) are the key reports and headlines:

http://deutsche-wirtschafts-nachrichten.de/2016/03/18/tuerkei-deal-deutschland-koennte-grossteil-der-fluechtlinge-aufnehmen/

 

The most important consequence of the EU summit is not in the official statement. A plan long discussed, now finalizing: Germany takes the majority of refugees from Turkey, and oil and gas pipelines will replace Russian oil and gas to Europe by Saudi oil and Qatari gas.

Europe’s energy supply should result in future Syria

According to Luxembourg Prime Minister Xavier Bettel, the leaders of the European Union mutually agreed with Turkey to cut Russia out of the EU gas market, cut Qatar [a U.S. ally] in. They agreed in the early hours of Friday on a refugee-&-gas-pipeline package to be approved by the Turkish government.

This agreement will substantially correspond to the Pact of Angela Merkel with Turkish President Erdogan. But it apparently comprises only a small portion of the prepared between Germany, Turkey and the USA.

Gerald Knaus, director of the Soros-funded think tank “European Stability Initiative” (ESI), for many months now has been advising Chancellor Angela Merkel on the refugee crisis. His ESI submitted the plan in October.

The original plan consists of two parts: On the one hand, Germany should, during the coming year, “grant 500,000 Syrian refugees asylum, who are now in Turkey.” Other European countries may participate, but on a voluntary basis. At the same time Turkey will take from Greece “all new migrants.”

Knaus, himself Austrian, told the Viennese daily the press, that “in the background, a more radical idea has already been largely negotiated” which will “probably very soon be announced“: Knaus said that a “coalition of the willing” will take 900 Syrians per day — “no matter how many Syrians come to Greece.” This would be about 300,000 people per year — slightly less than in the original Soros plan.

http://www.infowars.com/soros-obama-merkel-erdogan-win-control-of-europe/

 

 

Cruz Campaign Running Out Of Cash


cruz-in-prayer

Senator Ted Cruz won a hard-fought partial victory in Texas during last night’s Super Tuesday primary battle. It was the culmination of months of time and money spent meant to culminate in a clear post-Super Tuesday lead in the race to the GOP nomination this summer. The southern states were to be Cruz’s ticket to the White House.

For Cruz, that ticket never arrived. The Texas senator remains well behind Donald Trump in the delegate count, and now rumors are swirling of a campaign that has spent almost as much money as did the already-departed Jeb Bush fiasco, with little more to show for it – and that money is said to now be running out.

http://dcwhispers.com/cruz-campaign-running-out-of-cash/